Header: Reuters Olympics Video Feed

Friday 4 July 2008

One World, One Dream Beijing Olympics 2008 Music Video

I hope I never ever see this commercial on TV because it is 5 minutes long. And it is in English. And lacks sexy girl. But it is subtitled and I think I see my Grandpa in it 3:27. I will skype him to enquire.

Shall I analysis the music video? Ok.

"One World, One Dream"

is the slogan via message of the video cliptation. The meaning is we are "one world", not 300 countries (excluding Taiwan). Let us Alzheimer our differences and imagine Imagine there's no countries It isn't hard to do Nothing to kill or die for And no religion too Imagine all the people Living life in peace...

And "one dream" is meaning all countries dream to be country with the most gold medals in the end of the sports competition. I feel a contraction with the former part of the sentence, but it because I ponder too deep. One should just focus on keyword such as One= united, Dream=ideal, World=planet we live on. Also there seems to be a bias for the PRC teams, but it is justified because PRC is the ISP for this year. Home court advantage.




No comments: